সোমবার, ২৮ মার্চ, ২০১১

Tait's Career End

Shaun Tait has announced his retirement from the one-day format. He said. "This is not a decision I have taken lightly but I believe it is one that will help me to prolong my cricketing career through the many Twenty20 avenues available," He said. "In reality, playing all year round for Australia and South Australia is not allowing my body to stand up as I would like and I do not want to be forced into retirement through career-ending injuries.
"Twenty20 cricket allows me to manage my body to a level where I feel I can continue to contribute to the game for some time yet. My goal was to hopefully help Australia retain the ICC Cricket World Cup. However, with our involvement now finished I feel it is the perfect time to move on in a new direction."

It is really a sad news for Australian Cricket. CA lost their one of fastest seamer because of his decision. His ODI debut was against England at Sydney, Feb 2, 2007. He has passed only 4 years in his ODI matches and has played only 35 ODI matches. He has taken 62 wickets(Avg. 23.56) in his ODI career. He has played his last ODI match against India at Ahmedabad, Mar 24, 2011. He will only play T20 for Australian and South Australia. CA has welcomed his decision. He has played only 3 test in his small career.

Cricket extrA


Sport Theme by Fahat Rakib. Powered by Blogger